To set up H5P.com in Schoology you need to:
Part 1: Adding Schoology as a tool consumer in H5P.com
Step 1: Log in to H5P.com as an admin user with your e-mail address as user name and your password
Step 2: Go to Manage Organization
Step 3: Go to "Connect LMS"
Step 4: Under "Select your LMS" choose "Other". Fill in "Schoology" or something similar in the Connection name field, Choose LTI v1.3, and click "Save"
Note: If you want to use LTI v1.1 please follow this tutorial
Make note of the following information provided on H5P.com, these are the connection details and look something like this:
- Login URL: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/login
- Redirect URL: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/launch
- Public key: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/jwks/numbers.json
You’ll be needing these in the next section.
Important: Please, do not copy and paste the information above, it won't work, as it has been edited and are not the actual details you must use. You need to copy the valid values from inside H5P.com as they are personally and randomly generated. It looks something like the image below:
Part 2: Add H5P.com as an "App" in Schoology
You have everything set up at H5P.com and we move over to Schoology.
Step 1: Log in to Schoology as an administrator
Step 2: Open the "App Center" and click on "My developer Apps"
Step 3: Click on +Add App
Step 4: Fill in the form with the information relevant to your course. There are mandatory fields that cannot be left blank.
- App name: The name that works best for your app
- Description: The description that works best for your app
- Category: The category that works best for your app
- Can be installed for: Choose your preferred option
- Configuration Type: Manual
- LTI Advantage Extensions: Check the "Deep Linking", "Assignment and Grade Services", and "Names and Roles Services"boxes
- JWKS URL: The Public Key from Part 1, Step 4
- Domain URL: Enter the domain of your organization on H5P (E.g. https://mydomain.h5p.com/)
- OIDC Login Init URL: The Login URL from Part 1, Step 4
- Redirect URLs: The Redirect URL from Part 1, Step 4
- Accept the terms of service and click Save at the end
Part 3: Add registration data in H5P
You should be redirected to the app inside the "App Center", now you'll need to copy the Client ID and paste it into H5P.com:
Step 1: Click on the options button
Step 2: Click on API Info
Step 3: Inside the popup, copy the Client ID
Step 4: Now go back to the H5P.com tab. The Client ID needs to be inserted on H5P, in the "Connection settings" inside the "Connect LMS" section
Step 5: The rest of the details need to be filled in using the next information:
- Schoology's issuer_id: https://schoology.schoology.com
- OIDC Authorization Endpoint: https://lti-service.svc.schoology.com/lti-service/authorize-redirect
- OAuth 2 Access Token Endpoint: https://lti-service.svc.schoology.com/lti-service/access-token
- JWKS URL: https://lti-service.svc.schoology.com/lti-service/.well-known/jwks
This information can be found in Schoology's support guides: https://developers.schoology.com/app-platform/lti-apps
Part 4: Install the App on the Organization and Insert the Deployment ID
Step 1: Inside "My Developer Apps" in Schoology
Step 2: Click on Install LTI 1.3 App
Step 3: Agree with the terms and continue
Step 4: Select the "Add to Organization" option
Step 5: On this new window click on "Configure"
Here you'll find the Deployment ID this also needs to be inserted in H5P.com below the Connection Settings, on the "Deployment ID" button.
Part 5: Verify that it works
H5P should now be added to the organization. Now is the perfect moment to test the app by inserting content on Schoology.
Step1: Go to your courses
Step 2: On the top, click on Add Materials
Step 3: On the deployable menu, your app should be visible
Step 4: Open H5P and insert the content.
Step 5: Now you should be able to use the H5P inside Schoology