To set up H5P.com in Schoology you need to:
Part 1: Adding Schoology as a tool consumer in H5P.com
Step 1: Log in to H5P.com as an admin user with your e-mail address as user name and your password.
Step 2: Go to Manage Organization
Step 3: Go to "Connect LMS"
Step 4: Under "Select your LMS" choose "Other". Fill in "Schoology" or something similar in the Connection name field, Choose LTI v1.1, and click "Save".
Note: If you want to use LTI v1.3 please follow this tutorial
Note down the data marked in the picture below: (1) Key and (2) Secret. You'll see the Secret by hovering over the eye icon.
Part 2: Add H5P.com as an "App" in Schoology
You have everything set up at H5P.com and we move over to Schoology.
Step 1: Log in to Schoology as an administrator
Step 2: Open the "App Center" and click on "My developer Apps"
Step 3: Click on +Add App
Step 4: Fill in the form with the information relevant to your course. There are mandatory fields that cannot be left blank.
- App name: The name that works best for your app
- Description: The description that works best for your app
- Category: The category that works best for your app
- Can be installed for: Choose your preferred option
- Configuration Type: Manual
- LTI Advantage Extensions: Check both "Deep Linking" and "Assignment and Grade Services" boxes
- Domain URL: Enter the domain of your organization on H5P (E.g. https://mydomain.h5p.com/)
- Accept the terms of service and click Save at the end
Part 3: Install the App on the Organization
Step 1: You'll be redirected to "My Developer Apps"
Step 2: Click on Install LTI 1.1 App
Step 3: Agree with the terms and continue
Step 4: Select the "Add to Organization" option
Step 5: On this new window click on "Configure"
Step 6: Fill in the form. The information from Part 1 will be necessary.
Consumer Key: Is the Key from Part 1
Shared Secret: The secret from H5P.com
After filling in this, press Save Settings.
Part 4: Verify that it works
H5P should now be added to the organization. Now is the perfect moment to test the app by inserting content on Schoology.
Step1: Go to your courses
Step 2: On the top, click on Add Materials
Step 3: On the deployable menu, your app should be visible
Step 4: Open H5P and insert the content.
Step 5: Now you should be able to use the H5P inside Schoology