- Your H5P.com subscription doesn't include reporting.
- H5P is set not to send grades.
- Embedding instead of inserting through LTI
- The function of sending scores is not triggered by the content.
- The LMS is being used in a way it can't store scores.
- Testing the content by acting/impersonating a student.
Your H5P.com subscription doesn't include reporting
If this is the case, consider upgrading your subscription now for optimal benefits! The ability to store learner reports is essential for enhancing the quality of your content. In addition to reporting, the resume feature helps learners maintain progress within your content. Integration with an LMS is made seamless with this feature.
Contact our sales team to upgrade your subscription via firstname.lastname@example.org.
H5P is set not to send grades
- Log in as an administrator
- Click Manage Organization
- On the left panel, click Settings
- Expand LTI Settings
Below are the options under “Send score to LMS”
- Always: Scores will always be sent to the LMS (we recommend using this option)
- Set per content - on by default: Scores are sent to the LMS by default. The author of the H5P can change this inside the content setting
- Set per content - off by default: Scores are not sent to the LMS by default. The author of the H5P can change this inside the content setting
- Never: Scores are not sent to the LMS
It is also possible to choose when the scores are sent under "Send score for"
- First Attempt: Scores from the first attempt are sent to the LMS. Any succeeding attempts will not be sent
- Last Attempt: Scores are sent to the LMS for every attempt. But only the one for the last attempt will be taken into consideration
- Best Attempt: Scores are sent to the LMS for every attempt. But only the attempt with the highest score will count
Embedding instead of inserting through LTI
To add H5P to an LMS and get scores, use LTI (either 1.1 or 1.3). Using an embed code will not give you a score report.
The different methods for sharing H5P content are outlined in the Share and embed content section.
The function of sending scores is not triggered by the content
Scores are sent at varying times based on the type of content used. It's crucial to remember that not all content types support score reporting.
The Scoring overview per content type knowledge base when and how scores are transmitted based on the content type.
The LMS is being used in a way it can't store scores
To ensure that the LMS saves your students' reports, certain requirements must be met. There are general steps to follow, as well as specific ones that vary based on the LMS in use.
Further details can be found in the Information About Grading Per LMS documentation.
Testing the content by acting/impersonating a student
When an administrator or author tests content within the LMS through a "student view" or impersonation, the LMS typically does not save these results. To correct this, simply test the content by logging into a different student account and accessing the H5P.