To set up H5P.com in Sakai you need to:
Part 1: Adding Sakai as a tool consumer in H5P.com
Step 1: Log in to H5P.com as an admin user with your e-mail address as user name and your password.
Step 2: Go to Manage Organization
Step 3: Go to "Connect LMS"
Step 4: Under "Select your LMS" choose "Other". Fill in "Sakai" or something similar in the Connection name field, Choose LTI v1.1, and click "Save".
Note: If you want to use LTI v1.1 please follow this tutorial
Make note of the following information provided on H5P.com, these are the connection details and look something like this:
- Login URL: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/login
- Redirect URL: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/launch
- Public key: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/jwks/numbers.json
You’ll be needing these in the next section.
Important: Please, do not copy and paste the information above, it won't work, as it has been edited and are not the actual details you must use. You need to copy the valid values from inside H5P.com as they are personally and randomly generated. It looks something like the image below:
Part 2: Add H5P.com as an "External tool" in Sakai
You have now got everything set up at H5P.com and we move over to Sakai.
Step 1: Log in to Sakai as an administrator
Step 2: Open "Sites" and access "Administration workspace" for the site you want to connect H5P.com with.
Step 3: Click on "External tools"
Step 4: Click on "Install LTI 1.x Tool"
Step 5: Fill in the form like this:
- Tool title: H5P
- Button text: H5P
- Launch URL: is the "URL to endpoint" from H5P.com, typically on the form https://[organization-subdomain].h5p.com/lti. You must use the Launch URL for your organization that you got in part 1 step 4
Under "Privacy settings" check the following boxes:
- Send User Names to External Tool
- Send Email Addresses to External Tool
Under "Services" check the following boxes:
- Allow External Tool to return grades
- Allow External Tool to create grade columns
Under "Deep linking" check the following boxes:
- The tool URL can receive an LTI launch
- The tool can receive a Content-Item or Deep-Link launch
Under the "Tool placement" check the following box:
- Allow the tool to selected from Lessons
Under the "Launch in Popup" check the following box:
- Never launch in Popup
Under the "Debug Launch" check the following box:
- Never launch in debug mode
Under "LTI 1.3 support" check the following box:
- Tool supports LTI1.3
Continue to fill in the form like this:
- LTI 1.3 Client ID: it will be automatically filled after saving the tool.
- LTI 1.3 Tool Keyset: the Public Key on H5P
- LTI 1.3 Tool OpenID: it's called Login URL on H5P
- LTI 1.3 Tool Redirect: it's called Redirect URL on H5P
Step 6: And click "Save". And the LTI 1.3 Values will pop up, this needs to be inserted on H5P.com, in the "Connection settings".
- Client ID: Client ID in Sakai's Config information.
- Issuer: Platform issuer in Sakai's Config information.
- Login URL: Platform OIDC Authentication URL in Sakai’s Config information.
- Token URL: Platform OAuth2 Bearer Token in Sakai’s Config information.
- Key Set URL: Platform OAuth2 Well-Known/KeySet URL in Sakai’s Config information.
- You can leave the Audience and Private key fields empty
Step 7: After doing the connection settings, insert the Deployment ID by clicking on "New Deployment".
Now your H5P LTI tool will appear in the list of tools.
Part 3: Make sure that it works
Everything is now set up. To make sure that it works we're going to add an H5P to a lesson. Sakai only tracks grades from lessons.
Step 1: Go to a course and click "Lessons"
Step 2: Click "Add content" and select "Add Learning App".
Step 3: Select "H5P"
Step 4: A new popup "Configure External Tool" will appear. Click the "Launch External Tool Configuration" link
Step 5: H5P.com will launch and you may create a new H5P to insert or insert an existing H5P
Step 6: We'll also make sure that grading works, so create and insert a quiz or another type of H5P activity that provides a final score
Step 7: Click "Insert" to add it to your Sakai Lesson
Step 8: The lesson will appear. Click on the title to see your H5P
Step 9: Answer the question and click "Check"
Step 10: Go to "Gradebook" and see "Grade summary" for your user. You should see your score there.
You should be good to go! Enjoy using H5P in Sakai!