To set up H5P.com in Sakai you need to:
Part 1: Adding Sakai as a tool consumer in H5P.com
Step 1: Log in to H5P.com as an admin user with your e-mail address as user name and your password.
Step 2: Go to Manage Organization
Step 3: Go to "Connect LMS"
Step 4: Under "Select your LMS" choose "Other". Fill in "Sakai" or something similar in the Connection name field, Choose LTI v1.1, and click "Save".
Note: If you want to use LTI v1.3 please follow this tutorial
Note down the data marked in the picture below: (1) URL to endpoint,(2) Key, and (3) Secret. You'll see the Secret by hovering over the eye icon.
Part 2: Add H5P.com as an "External tool" in Sakai
You have now got everything set up at H5P.com and we move over to Sakai.
Step 1: Log in to Sakai as an administrator
Step 2: Open "Sites" and access "Administration workspace" for the site you want to connect H5P.com with.
Step 3: Click on "External tools"
Step 4: Click on "Install LTI 1.x Tool"
Step 5: Fill in the form like this:
- Tool title: H5P
- Button text: H5P
- Launch URL is the "URL to endpoint" from H5P.com, typically on the form https://[organization-subdomain].h5p.com/lti. You must use the Launch URL for your organization that you got in part 1 step 4
- Launch Key and Launch secret are the URL, Key, and Secret you got from H5P.com (ref Part 1 Step 4)
Step 6: Check additional options:
Under "Privacy settings" check the following boxes:
- Send User Names to External Tool
- Send Email Addresses to External Tool
Under "Services" check the following boxes:
- Allow External Tool to return grades
- Allow External Tool to create grade columns
Under "Deep linking" check the following boxes:
- The tool URL can receive an LTI launch
- The tool can receive a Content-Item or Deep-Link launch
Under the "Tool placement" check the following box:
- Allow the tool to selected from Lessons
Under the "Launch in Popup" check the following box:
- Never launch in Popup
Under the "Debug Launch" check the following box:
- Never launch in debug mode
And click "Submit". Your H5P LTI tool will appear in the list of tools.
Part 3: Verify that it works
Everything is now set up. To make sure that it works we're going to add an H5P to a lesson. Sakai only tracks grades from lessons.
Step 1: Go to a course and click "Lessons"
Step 2: Click "Add content" and select "Add Learning App".
Step 3: Select "H5P"
Step 4: A new popup "Configure External Tool" will appear. Click the "Launch External Tool Configuration" link
Step 5: H5P.com will launch and you may create a new H5P to insert or insert an existing H5P
Step 6: We'll also make sure that grading works, so create and insert a quiz or another type of H5P activity that provides a final score
Step 7: Click "Insert" to add it to your Sakai Lesson
Step 8: The lesson will appear. Click on the title to see your H5P
Step 9: Answer the question and click "Check"
Step 10: Go to "Gradebook" and see "Grade summary" for your user. You should see your score there.
You should be good to go! Enjoy using H5P in Sakai!