H5P on a page
Note: Only H5Ps inserted on an assignment will generate scores.
- Step 1: Open an existing Canvas course or create a new one
- Step 2: Select "Pages" and click the button to add a new page
- Step 3:Click the "More external tools" button and choose "H5P" from the dropdown menu
- Step 4: The H5P popup will appear. This is the area where you will create H5P content. Pull the handle in the bottom right corner to resize this popup to get a better editing experience
Your list of content is empty by default. To create new content:
- Step 5: Click the "Add content" button at the top
- Step 6: The "Create new content" page loads showing the H5P Content Type selector. Pick a content type and start creating content.
Tip: You could also switch to the "All content" tab where you can access content created by your colleagues and shared with the entire organization. You can clone some of their content if you do not want to create new content from scratch.
- Step 7: When you are done creating content, click the "Save and insert" button to insert the H5P content on your page.
- Step 8: Save a page in the usual way. This is how the page will look with H5P content in it. You can edit the H5P content on the page by pressing the button "Edit" above the content