H5P Group is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for everyone. We are continually improving the user experience, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
H5P Group takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of H5P.com:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. H5P.com is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
We aim at providing a good and intuitive experience for all users including keyboard and screen reader users.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of H5P.com. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on H5P.com:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
H5P.com is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Browsers: the last two versions of Chrome, FireFox, Microsoft Edge and Safari.
- The latest versions of all major screen readers.
- Other major assistive technologies
Accessibility of H5P.com relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of H5P.com, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for H5P.com:
- Third party content: Content created by third parties may not be accessible because we cannot ensure the quality of all third party contributions. We try to make it as easy as possible to create accessible content with our authoring tools. Contact authors of any non accessible content and ask them to make it accessible.
- Authoring tool: Not all parts of the authoring tool are fully accessible because our main focus so far has been on making the content created with H5P accessible. We are improving the authoring tool making it more and more accessible. Typically the drag and drop parts of the authoring tool are the least accessible. Authors who are unable to use the drag and drop widget may use other content types or tools.
- Content types listed as not accessible: Some H5P content types are not accessible because H5P is an open source project. Not all contributors have the same skill or dedication towards accessibility unfortunately. We encourage contributors to make their content types accessible, we also disable content types that are not accessible by default. Don't enable these content types. Ref https://h5p.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/7505649072797-Content-types-recommendations.
H5P Group assessed the accessibility of H5P.com by the following approaches:
- External evaluation - H5P.com is being used by over 1000 organizations including hundreds of universities. Many of our customers have conducted accessibility reviews of larger or smaller samples.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Svein-Tore Griff With
Any accessibility bugs in the content types we list as being accessible(those being enabled by default) are being prioritized the same way we prioritize other bugs. We do hotfix releases on H5P.com to fix critical accessibility bugs within 24 hours after they have been reported. Minor accessibility bugs may take significantly longer to get fixed.
Accessibility bugs on H5P.com should be reported to email@example.com and we will answer within 24 hours. Priority support users will normally be answered within 1 hour. The bugs will be verified and a resolution time will be provided for major or critical bugs.