To set up H5P.com as a tool in itslearning using LTI 1.3 need to:
Part 1: Adding itslearning as a tool consumer in H5P.com
Step 1: Log in to H5P.com as an admin user with your e-mail address as user name and your password.
Step 2: Go to Manage Organization.
Step 3: Go to "Connect LMS"
Step 4: Under "Select your LMS" choose "Other". Fill in "itslearning" or something similar in the Connection name field, Choose LTI v1.3, and click "Save".
Note: If you want to use LTI v1.1 please follow this tutorial
Make note of the following information provided on H5P.com, these are the connection details and look something like this:
- Login URL: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/login
- Redirect URL: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/launch
- Public key: https://yourorganization.h5p.com/lti/jwks/numbers.json
You’ll be needing these in the next section.
Important: Please, do not copy and paste the information above, it won't work, as it has been edited and are not the actual details you must use. You need to copy the valid values from inside H5P.com as they are personally and randomly generated. It looks something like the image below:
Part 2: Create the LTI tool inside your itslearning site
Perform the following steps:
Step 1: Log in to itslearning as an administrator.
Step 2: On the top menu, click on Admin.
Step 3: Once inside the "Administration", in the Settings section, click on Manage apps.
Step 4: In the Manage apps, press on "+Add app".
Part 3: Fill in the details on the itslearning app with the information from H5P
Step 1: Choose the section of your itslearning site that should have access by searching for the hierarchy. Users must be a member of the selected hierarchy to use the tool or view the content if the app is not added for the whole site.
Step 2: Click on "Browse app library" and search for the H5P app, then select it by clicking "Include this app".
Step 3: Select all the roles that should have access to the app.
Step 4: If you wish, you can edit the name of the app.
Step 5: If you want the app to appear on the Add page for all users (matching the selected hierarchy and role), keep "Available in default location" checked. Otherwise, users need to add the app themselves from the app library in a course.
Step 6: The next information needs to be inserted in H5P.com, so go back to the H5P tab, and then to the "Connection settings" form.
- Client ID: called Client IDin itslearning
- Issuer: called Issuer in itslearning
- Login URL: called Authentication URL in itslearning
- Token URL: called OAuth2 Access Token URL address in itslearning
- Key Set URL: called Public JWK Set URL address in itslearning
- Click on Save
Step 7: After doing the connection settings, insert the Deployment ID by clicking on "New Deployment".
Step 8: Now, in itslearning check the box The tool provider, has registered these fields and click Save in H5P.
Step 9: Fill in the text fields in itslearning with the information from the "Connect LMS" section on H5P.com.
- Login URI: it's also called Login URL on H5P (https://myorganization.h5p.com/lti/login)
- Redirection URI: it's called Redirect URL on H5P (https://myorganization.h5p.com/lti/launch)
- Target Link URI: use the Redirect URL (https://myorganization.h5p.com/lti/launch)
- Enter JWK set URI: the Public Key on H5P (https://myorganization.h5p.com/lti/jwks/1291911049718981756.json)
- Press the Save button
Part 4: Make sure that the integration is working
Step 1: On itslearning, go to the Courses.
Step 2: Click on "Resources".
Step 3: On the left deployable menu, click on +Add.
Step 4: Inside the activities section, you should see an H5P app. If not (when it is not made available by default), click the … button in the top right and choose Browse app library first.
Step 5: Inside the popup window, click on select content and select the H5P you desire to insert.
Step 7: Save the course.
Now you should be able to view the H5P on a new window!
For documentation from itslearning on how to do this, visit this link.